A greenhouse for research and education
The greenhouse is an experimental platform for growing plants. It offers cultural equipments in containment level 1 for growing plants used for public or private research and education.
The greenhouse of Plant Biology – University of Paris-Sud – is an experimental platform registered in the Réseps and in the Plug in Labs Paris-Saclay.
Useful documents to download for any request for the reservation of plots of land:
The greenhouse of Plant Biology – University of Paris-Sud – keeps botanical greenhouse collections of the Botanical Garden of Launay (ferns, orchids, carnivorous plants, cacti and succulents, pachypodiums…).
Pedagogical activities are proposed to the public of schools:
Network of greenhouses
RéSEPS is the network of the experimental platforms of growing plants in Paris Saclay.
The RéSEPS gathers three experimental platforms of greenhouses, located close to each other (Orsay and Gif-sur-Yvette), and belonging to the three laboratories:
- Laboratoire Ecologie Systématique et Evolution
- Institut de Biologie Intégrative de la Cellule
- Institut des Sciences des Plantes de Paris-Saclay
The RéSEPS allows sharing technical equipments and promotes several stakes:
- to reinforce collaborations for people working with plants in a purpose of research (plant model, tech-nical equipments)
- to organize specific training courses in this domain
- to propose the three experimental platforms of growing plants to other public or private research labora-tories
- to promote technics for greenhouse that suit to sustainable development
The greenhouse of Plant Biology is located on the campus of University Paris-Sud at Orsay.
Serre de Biologie Végétale – bât 365
Rue du Doyen André Guinier
Université Paris Sud
91405 Orsay Cedex
GREENHOUSE OF PLANT BIOLOGY CONTACTS